View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 21, 2022, 09:52am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnolan View Post
There was a similar play in my area this year that we've discussed back and forth. In a game that was already in hand, it was basically the same motion of the momentum swing through and 1 swing back without lift while another player was in close enough proximity to further allow the swing.
The lead had issued a technical and actually the Trail intercepted to discuss that there was a player near enough that it shouldn't be a technical.
The Lead stuck with the call.

The NCAA probably already has video examples somewhere on this of what should and should not be called a technical foul, but I know the NFHS doesn't and should definitely make it a POE this coming year WITH enough video examples that should pretty much cover most situations. Officials need to be able to comprehend between showboating, excess, etc... and momentum, player safety, etc...
It could be addressed, but this is the only call like this I have seen in some time anyway. So I doubt they need to make a big deal out of it if this remains the only call that was made and the NCAA feels this is nothing in the long run. But it could come up, I just do not think they will bother unless we have several more calls related to dunks.

Peace