Thread: Goaltending ???
View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 14, 2022, 10:30am
Esteemed Forum Member

Up Or Down ???

I saw three layup (hit backboard first) goaltends last week while observing my friends (this game was not officiated by my local guys, only the road team is from our local area. "Local guys" can only work state tournament games where neither team is from our local area, or both teams are from our local area).

Two I agreed with.

The third I was watching for contact and didn't see the goaltend. I asked the calling official (top notch guy) about it, specifically if the ball was going down. He replied that he wasn't sure, he just called it because the ball hit the backboard (the NCAA rule, even though he knew the NFHS difference). None of the offending team fans complained, because fans (and coaches) don't know the difference between the NCAA and NFHS rule.

Love the ignorant fan in the video yelling, "How can you see that from back there?", because it's the trail's call 99% of the time in a two person game.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Mar 14, 2022 at 12:07pm.