View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 07, 2022, 01:24pm
Esteemed Forum Member

No More Excuses ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Many of our officials, both young'uns, and veterans, have come to appreciate the convenience of dressing in uniform at home (or at one's day job), even if it means driving home in a sweaty uniform. There may be no going back to "business casual", and I find myself on the fence in regard to this issue.
I really don't have a dog in this fight. 90% of my games are middle school games and middle schools in my area are known not to have private and secure dressing areas with showers, so we always come in uniform, with the blessing of our local board.

I do work a few freshman and junior varsity games, so the "no private and secure dressing areas with showers" excuse won't work for these high school games next year with COVID (hopefully) relegated to an endemic problem. Being the old fashioned, obedient sheep that I am, I will probably and reluctantly go back to "business casual" and packing a bag for these high school games.

Being the old fashioned guy that I am, I wear "business casual" (dress shirt, khaki pants, dress shoes) with a local board logo sweater when observe my friends in state tournament games. Athletic directors and coaches see me with the assigned officials at halftime and post-game, and I don't want them to see me in jeans, T-shirt, sneakers, etc. I'm so old fashioned that it's sometimes sickening. That's why I can't figure out why I would even entertain the idea of going to my high school games in uniform next year? Yet here I am considering it.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Mar 08, 2022 at 05:19pm.