View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 07, 2022, 12:50pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Fashion Police ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Mulkey is the only one that is in a T-shirt. The others are dressed in professional attire ...
I have never been known for having any fashion sense, especially in regard to women's fashion.

Mulkey's "sparkly" top first got my attention, but it was also the "bright" outfit, makeup, and jewelry of her assistant coach.

I know that the days of high school coaches wearing jackets and ties are long gone, and I actually kind of like high school staffs all wearing casual (Dockers) pants, matching casual (Vans) sneakers, and matching school color polo shirts, with embroidered names, mascots, etc., but the "track suits" are way too casual in my opinion, looking like organized crime gangsters at their social club.

Before COVID, many of our young'un officials were showing up for games in sneakers, work boots, T-shirts, and jeans instead of "business causal" as recommended. Our executive committee was just about to tackle this issue when COVID hit.

Last two years, with COVID, we've recommended that officials come dressed in uniform, not being sure if dressing areas were going to be available, or not wanting officials crowded into small dressing areas.

Many of our officials, both young'uns, and veterans, have come to appreciate the convenience of dressing in uniform at home (or at one's day job), even if it means driving home in a sweaty uniform.

There may be no going back to "business casual", and I find myself on the fence in regard to this issue.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Mar 08, 2022 at 03:01pm.