View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 07, 2022, 12:23pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
Also, the play that got her riled up is a foul IMO. The shooter may kick the leg but the defender goes A to B and knocks her to the ground, rendering any leg kick irrelevant. In a 12-point game with 1:36 left I think I'm giving that call to the losing team.

Maybe with the benefit of another camera angle I'd change my opinion, but that's just my thought. And it doesn't in any way justify Mulkey's histrionics.

She seems to have one of these episodes in the postseason every few years. Maybe that's why she wasn't wearing a coat this time.
Men's basketball addressed the leg kick issue. I cannot speak directly to the fact that the Women's Supervisor did the same. So again if ruled that way, I have no issues. Going A to B is one thing, but would we the defender have made contact if not for the unnatural kick out. If anything from the philosophy of the Men's side, this would be acceptable to call a PCF. Because if the defender goes down and would not have made contact with the shooter otherwise, that is what they had advocated. But the NCAA Men's spent an entire video on unnatural shooting motions and showed several plays where the shooter caused the contact or should be called if contact is made with the leg or other parts of the body. So are the Women's officials being emphasized the same thing? I have not seen all their Fast Break videos.

Peace