View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 07, 2022, 12:16pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
I've seen men's and HS officials (and I am one of them) let more misbehavior slide without a second T than what Mulkey demonstrated here.
Well, the coach from the Cavs got run the other week and did a lot less. Just yelled for the most part.

The UConn coach got run for waving his arms at the crowd after the first one.

Calipari got run by Doug Surmonn at South Carolina and all he did was keep coming down to the table at him and was swiftly ejected.

Mulkey followed the official onto the floor after she air punched at the official within 7 or 8 feet of him. He gave a T properly but she did not leave and still was there.

Now I am not saying that others have not gotten away with things, but I have seen this year officials just yell across the court and they did not stay or gestured as Hurley did at UConn.

Obviously, those at HS are different. And I was in a game wherein the playoffs we should have run one of the coaches that followed my partner to the end line, but he gave him one T, and the best person to give the second one was our other partner and he hardly tried to get the coach back. So I agree and understand we all let things go based on the situation, but just surprised this was not an ejection that would have been supported I can only imagine. The only reason it did not appear to happen was the female official clearly said something that stopped Mulkey in her tracks. And if you notice she said nothing after that offiical checked her. She probably was told something that the mask benefited the interaction. I know this past year I was saying things I would have never said because of having a mask on.

Again, just surprised what she did, she was allowed to stay. Maybe they did not want to trouble trouble with the game nearly over.

Peace