View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 02, 2022, 04:25pm
Esteemed Forum Member

I Won't Dance, Don't Ask Me (Fred Astaire, 1933)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
... raising three kids, all their sports/activities, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
He said, "Someday you are going to miss all of this".
Don't miss dance. Not one bit. Not for one second. Dance was the absolute worst. Expensive dance lessons. Expensive dance shoes and apparel. Expensive recital costumes. Expensive recital tickets. Expensive recital flowers. Long boring recitals (of course, my daughters weren't boring, they danced like Ginger Rogers, just the other kids were boring).

One day, my daughter told me that she didn't want to dance anymore, and that she wanted to play basketball instead. I almost couldn't hide my joy. Took her down to town hall and signed her up for recreation basketball. Cost me twenty bucks for the entire season.

Recreation. Travel. Middle school. High school. AAU (tournament in Spain). Played until her senior year, and then joined her friends in drama club. The dance lessons finally paid off. Best high school version of Les Misérables ever. Daughter deserved a Tony Award for a breath taking performance as an unnamed French peasant woman (holding kindling) in the chorus. She was robbed.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Mar 05, 2022 at 02:20pm.