View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 19, 2022, 10:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzooref View Post
I am not questioning the college rule but what would have happened if that incident in the Michigan/Iowa game last night was NFHS? For those that did not see, a ball hit a foot and rolled all the way into the backcourt near the Michigan bench and was picked up by Juwan. He immediately realized his innocent mistake thinking he was helping move the game long and forgot ball was still live. He was assessed a class B technical foul?

In high school I would think this could fall under unsporting but given the innocence here, and no advantage gained, I would likely have just given the ball to Iowa at the spot of the "infraction."

Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzooref View Post
Most are talking about what class B is and I am asking about high school rule. Bob I agree with 2-3 here and that seems to give me much leeway. If coach is pissed and does this intentionally or to prevent a break or something then that is obvious. This was innocent so I have nothing.
The NFHS rules clearly cover this, so invoking 2-3 is not an option.
10-5-2 governs this situation. “… Bench personnel, including the head coach, shall not: … Enter the court unless by permission of an official to attend an injured player.”
The penalty is a direct technical foul charged to the offending individual. (And an indirect technical foul to the HC, if he was not the offender.)