View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 04, 2022, 12:49pm
Do not give a damn!!

This has been circulating for most of the week. I think this is clearly a newer or non-certified official based on only the attire. And this is certainly youth sports where I honestly wish we would stop doing these as a community when it is not associated with any school or school organization. Sorry, I just think this is where this stuff is most likely to happen. If something like this happened at the high school or college level for example the coach would be fired and suspended for a very long time as a result. It would ruin their reputation and might not allow them to be hired again. Other things at the high school level can take you out like that and it does not include assaulting an official.

I ejected a coach last week I believe after the game was over and the state did not complain or suggest I should have done anything differently.

I get that we think this helps young officials, but to me this makes officials in general not want to be there if this is what they are subjected to and there is no action toward the individual or the organization as a result.

Peace