View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 28, 2003, 07:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by whiskers_ump
Here is one of the better ones....
I agree with you that McGriff's, because if its unmonitored format where no one has to register, lends itself to spam and flames.

As for eteamz, I disagree and believe it is nothing but a big marketing site. I have in the past received spam for that site that was generated when one of their senior "partners" collected my e-mail address from another board. Because of the circumstances, I realize who had done this. I posted a warning on that board and also challenged that person directly. They not only admitted to doing it, but argued with me vehemently about how there was nothing wrong with spam and that he would continue doing this.

After seeing this post here, I visited the site this morning. Several of the post I saw there were questions listed at other sites, too. In the time that I reviewed approximately 10-15 different pages, I received two pop-up ads for different products. With pop-up ads, the large number of "partners" they list and all the links they have for different services, it appears that they continue to have fiscal goals as the highest priority.

Only the opinion of someone who admittedly hates spammers with a passion.