View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 01, 2022, 03:19pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
It’s funny to me, if this foul/expiration of time scenario involved a shooting foul, we’d already be 30 posts deep into our debate about whether 0.3 seconds should be added to the clock so we can put players on the lane.

And yet in this PCF scenario, everyone here seems content to agree that since the timer isn’t a robot and couldn’t stop the clock in time, we allow time to remain expired.

What’s the difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mentee had an interesting play in a D3 game last week.

H-73 V-71 w/0:06 left in game. V1 ends up driving to the basket from slot side. H2 slides over near RA to draw a charge. V1 elevates and releases shot barely prior to LED/horn. After releasing shot and after LED/horn, H1 crashes into V2. V2 was both in the RA and did not have an LGP, so no question as to it being a block. My mentee puts his fist up but never blows his whistle.

It was a rare situation where even if they had a monitor, it would have been free throws w/the lane cleared and 0:00 on the clock because we had an airborne shooter who had released the try before, but was fouled after, the expiration of time.