View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 01, 2022, 01:45pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Free Throws Are To Be Awarded ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt S. View Post
That's how I would administrate any T that occurs after the expiration of playing time during the first half.
Be careful.

If a foul is called at the exact time of the period ending buzzer, and if free throws are to be awarded (with no rebounders on the lane) those free throws would still be a part of that period, and any technical foul charged during those free throws would also be part of that period, even though "playing time" had expired. It's all a part of "related activity". Once the final technical foul free throw is made, or misses, and the ball becomes dead, the intermission has then finally started.

Technical foul before intermission. Technical foul free throws are part of that period. Next period starts with the alternating possession arrow and switch arrow as one normally would. If technical foul charged to player, no indirect technical foul to head coach.

Technical foul during intermission. Technical foul free throws are part of the next period. After technical foul free throws, period starts with offended team getting the ball at division line opposite the table (don't switch arrow). Technical foul charged to team member would be bench personnel and an indirect technical foul to head coach, who takes a seat (best seat in the house, people pay big bucks for floor court side seats).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Feb 01, 2022 at 03:02pm.