View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 29, 2022, 01:09pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Match Game ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
The origin of my statement was the NFHS Rules Interpreters Meeting in which it was said.
Matches Lindsey Atkinson's (NFHS basketball rules editor) statement that I heard via the IAABO Co-Coordinators of Interpreters at the IAABO 2021 Fall Seminar (with over 200 local, or state, IAABO interpreters participating).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
The NFHS has clearly said that all cases remain valid even after removal from the book unless stated otherwise. The removal of cases without comment is only due to space limitations and not because the case is invalid. Any cases that are to be changed will have a new case indicating the change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
The following was just announced this weekend at the IAABO Fall Seminar ... To prepare for the IAABO Fall Seminar, the four IAABO Co-Coordinators of Interpreters, one of whom has served on the most recent NFHS Basketball Rules Committee, and who will continue to serve on the committee, met with Lindsey Atkinson, the new NFHS rules editor for basketball, on September 23, 2021 ... Ms. Atkinson stated that as long as there are no relevant rule changes, or interpretation changes, to invalidate such, old vanished interpretations are still officially considered to be valid by the NFHS. She also stated that usual reason for still valid casebook plays to be dropped is due to page limitations, when a new caseplay goes in, one usually has to come out.
Lindsey Atkinson's statement needs a wider audience to gain any traction.

Her getting in the ear of only several dozen officials isn't very helpful.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Jan 29, 2022 at 02:20pm.