View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 27, 2022, 12:37pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Underwhelming ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
I'd rather have shorter quarters (with normal timing rules) to end lopsided games. The states could set guidance as to how the lengths of quarters will correlate to score differentials.
Agree 100%.

As I've stated before, I always feel rushed in a running clock game. While nobody is actually rushing me, I still feel rushed.

Some middle school leagues I work have a running time period, or two, after the varsity game for junior varsity players (who have sat on the bench entire varsity game). We get paid extra to hang around. Last week we had a player on the line for two free throws, made the first, horn sounded to end the running time game, free throw would not affect the result of the game, no second free throw (referee's decision, not mine), we packed up, and turned out the lights as we left the gym. Underwhelming way to end the game.

Other middle school leagues pay us to work a few extra stop time six minute periods. Feels more like a real game than the running time games.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Jan 27, 2022 at 02:20pm.