View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 26, 2022, 04:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Now that the case play is gone from NFHS, I can rule it the same in HS without anybody being able to say I'm wrong by rule.
Case play or not, I believe you are correct by rule. Especially when protecting an airborne shooter or rebounder.
And once you're on the ground, you no longer hold LGP status. Not a perfect example of the same play as the OP topic case was only while dribbling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Goodwin View Post
That wasn't how I read his reply. I took it to mean if B1 was essentially still (motionless, perhaps?), then it wasn't B1's fault that A1 couldn't dribble away cleanly when A1 contacted B1's leg.
This does sound like a pretty specific scenario where the onus was on A1 to avoid B1 and they did not. It'd still be tough to rule this as incidental though...A1 is legal, B1 is not. A1 is then thrown off their path and loses the ball, possibly resulting in a turnover and points for B. Sounds advantageous for B to me.

Incidental contact normally occurs between 2 LGP players or 2 non-LGP players, where no advantage is gained by the contact either way.