View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 14, 2022, 01:43pm
Administrator

I started reading the comments but I stopped when NevadaRef made a comment that rivaled, in length, some of my comments of olde. That said...

1a) Yes, Cheerleaders allowed on the Court but only during specfic times that are defined in the Rules: a) 60-Second TOs and b) Intermissions (Halftime and between the QTs and OT Periods.

1b) I always pre-gamed with the Squads from both Teams as to when they can be on the Court.

2) From the description of the Situation, the 1st QT was not over until A1's 2nd FTA was completed. Which means that no Cheerleaders (Team A or Team B) should not have been on the Court, which leads to...

3a) I know that it was a Two-Person Crew, but what was the non-Reporting Official doing while his/her Partner was reporting the Foul?

3b) I will readily admit that Cheerleaders will not understand the nuances of Item (1a) but Team B's Cheerleaders were already at the Division Line when A1 started his Shooting Motion meaning that Team B's Cheerleaders were already moving onto the Court before the Ball was placed at A1's Disposal for his 1st FTA which means that A1's 1st FTA should have been shut down before it ever started and the Cheerleaders removed at that point.

4) I will admit that each Official in a Two-Person Crew 17% more duties than a Three-Person Crew has to during FTs which makes it is imperative that the FT Process is not be rushed. Taking and extra five seconds during the process will increase the chances of a Third World Play will NOT happening.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio

Last edited by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.; Sat Jan 15, 2022 at 02:07am. Reason: corrected typo