View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 14, 2022, 09:36am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianaref View Post
This below situation was brought up last night at our association meeting. The conclusion was the crew handled this ok.

"From my JV boys game this week (2 man): B1 fouls A1 during a shot right at the 1st QTR buzzer, my whistle and the horn are damn near on top of each other; my partner and I talk, clear the lanes for 2FTs by A1 with 0:00 on clock; I report to the table and share info with coaches; partner administers FTs but B team cheerleaders enter the floor at division line as A1 is in his shooting motion; he misses the shot, cheerleaders are then removed; he makes the 2nd shot and heads back to his bench; my partner and I talk again and agree we need to provide A1 with another FT as first FT took place with illegal personnel on the floor; we talk to both coaches and A1 makes the FT… "
There is a distinction between non-participants simply being on the floor or those non-participants being on the floor and distracting the shooter.

IMO, that discussion needs to occur and have a decision before the 2nd free throw. Once you moved on to the 2nd free throw, I see no reason to go backwards in time.

Last edited by Raymond; Fri Jan 14, 2022 at 09:39am.