View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 26, 2021, 03:48pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Next Level ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
... teaching a new official that the ball is immediately dead when a player control foul is committed, I don't want you coming behind me and saying "what if it's a basket interference","what if it's a goaltending?".
Agree, but the casebook play in question, not me (I didn't write the casebook play, nor did I first bring it to the attention of the Forum), took your simple lesson (ball is immediately dead when a player control foul is committed) to the next level.

The purpose of the casebook play was to compare the ruling on a player control foul before a violation to a ruling on player control foul after a violation.

I just thought that it would have been simpler to demonstrate that by comparing apples to apples, having the violations be the same, be it basket interference, or goaltending, in both situations, both before and after the player control foul.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Nov 26, 2021 at 05:15pm.