View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 24, 2021, 12:29pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Needs A Deep Dive Study ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
Rule 6 - Section 7 Dead Ball Art. 9 . . . A violation, as in 9-2 through 13, occurs (see exception d below). Exception: The ball does not become dead until the try or tap for field goal ends, or until the airborne shooter returns to the floor, when: d. Article 9 as in 9-3-3, 9-11, 9-12 or 9-13-1, occurs by an opponent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Sorry -- I misremembered "as" in 6-7-Excp d as "such as" when I was typing. Should have brought my books from the library to the computer.
Although I haven't given it much of a deep dive study, I kind of like crosscountry55's idea.

Unfortunately, it's still just an idea and not yet applicable to the kerfuffle ruling in the current casebook play.

Thus, I stand by my questions regarding this casebook ruling:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
What's the rule citation for the "zombie" ball between the goaltend and the player control foul? Why does one act make the ball "deader" than the other act?
While there are rule exceptions to a ball not becoming dead right away, thus delaying death, I'm not aware of any rule exception that resurrects a doornail dead ball and making it to become alive again.

Also need a rule exception for this (I don't believe that there's currently an exception in the rulebook for this):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Successful dunk causes the ball to become instantly dead, dead as a doornail, no pulse, but we still penalize the player control foul even though it may not be intentional nor flagrant.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Nov 24, 2021 at 01:39pm.