View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 13, 2021, 12:17pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
On a play where the jumper illegally catches the ball, the rationale was it's a possession (an illegal possession) and control, and thus non-violating team should get the ball for the violation and non-violating team get the arrow because the violating team had control first.

Quoth the Raven, “Nevermore.”

I can't remember how other jump ball violations were handled.

How about a little help Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.? Make yourself useful.

Nov. 13/Sat.(12:17pmEST), 2021

Billy:

1) I just now saw your above request because I have been busy this week and will continue to be busy the rest of the weekend.

2) I stopped reading any further comments in order to respond to your request and from what I read I really do not need to read any further. That said, I know that the is a thread regarding this play in the Forum from about 9 or 10 years ago. Monday morning I will look up the thread as well as climb up into the attic (yes, for this play I will climb up into the attic, LOL) and find the actual Casebook Plays (from as early as the late 1980s and early 1990s) from both the NFHS and NCAA Men's/Women's Committees.

3) Have a great weekend and GO BROWNS!! BEAT THE PATRIOTS (and the Kosar cutting Belichick)!!

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio