View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 11, 2021, 05:08pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Wrong Time ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
49. Team A violates during the game's opening jump ball. Which of the following is true?
A. The AP arrow is set to team B's basket when the throw-in is completed.
B. The AP arrow is set to team A's basket when the throw-in is completed.
C. The AP arrow is set to team B's basket when the ball is placed at team B's disposal for the throw-in.
D. None of the above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
4-3-3-A: Alternating-possession control is established and the initial direction of the possession arrow is set toward the opponent’s basket when: The ball is placed at the disposal of the thrower after: A violation during or following the jump before a player secures control.
This casebook play is close to the situation, but not exactly the same.

4.3.3 SITUATION: During the jump to start the game, A1 slaps the ball out of bounds. Before the ball is at B1’s disposal for a throw-in, B2 is charged with a technical foul. RULING: Team A will attempt two free throws followed by a division-line throw-in opposite the table. When the ball is at the disposal of the thrower of Team A, the arrow will be set pointing toward Team B’s basket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaRef View Post
The answer is B. Our association director called Kurt Gibson and he confirmed that the answer is B.
Then both of you are probably wrong.

The correct answer (I believe) is not listed as a multiple choice answer (the AP arrow is set to team A's basket when the ball is placed at team B's disposal for the throw-in), thus D) None of the above.

Just because Kurt Gibson hit one of the most exciting home runs in World Series history, why should we believe him about a basketball rule question? Wait ... I'm being told ... Kirk Gibson? Never mind.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Nov 11, 2021 at 05:23pm.