View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 29, 2021, 01:13pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Mens Recreation Games ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
For the rest, for low level games, easy come, easy go. Maybe I'm available, maybe I'm not, maybe thank you, maybe no thank you. I have skills that are needed, there are not an unlimited number of available skilled officials, I work on my terms, I can always shop around. Supply and demand.
In ancient times, before my local board assigned girls high school games, and we had more available officials than games to be assigned, our local high school assigner actually assigned a few mens league games, subvarsity officials couldn't opt out, it was viewed as a training ground. That stopped when we started working girls high school games, doubling our assignments.

Here in my hometown, we had a veteran official assign our hometown mens recreation games. Most of the games went to his longtime buddies, I was the new guy. I worked a few fill in games for him and found that it wasn't my cup of tea. Extremely lazy mechanics. Never any switching. Unsporting behavior almost always ignored. Every game I worked I felt like I was the new sheriff in town. While I didn't totally quit his league, I did tell him to put my name dead last on the fill in list. Thankfully, he complied.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Oct 29, 2021 at 01:48pm.