Thread: 10 seconds
View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 28, 2021, 01:52pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Agree. The "hard part" here is not the rule, it's the judgement as to whether it's a shot (last second makes this easier), or a pass.

And then there could be something else if it is a pass. Just because it can be ruled a ten second violation, should it be ruled a ten second violation in a real game in real time (as compared to a written test question).

At exactly the ten second mark, some (not all) may consider this (long pass) a "gotcha" call.
I disagree with the last part. Mostly because at the NCAA level for example and the usage of the shot clock, you have to call a violation if the ball is in the air. I use the same logic in a high school game with no shot clock. But again this might be an issue when or if the shot clock is used if the clock is used for a high school game in the coming years. If the team is lazy or the defense forces them to not get the ball across properly, not my issue IMO. Believe it or not, I have not gotten any crap when calling it that way. Happens a few times a year.

Peace