View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 19, 2021, 02:30pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Above My Pay Grade ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
This is really above your skies.
Absolutely. You college guys are way up there with Bezos, Branson, and Musk, while I'm down here with Orville and Wilbur.

Quote:
Division 1 drives the college assigning at all levels, because many staffs at all levels of college basketball has to likely account for the officials that might be unavailable to work their games because of bigger checks and opportunities.
At a lower level, similar to how most of our local officials would rather work a single high school varsity game for $100 (better game, more prestige, more money) than three recreation games at $25 each.

Of course we also have some local guys who would rather work three recreation games a short drive down the street from where they live at $25 each rather than travel 45 minutes in rush hour traffic to work a $65 subvarsity high school game.

Quote:
... the high school stuff comes into play is officials ... that still work high school will give back games when we get the college game. And honestly, assignors have to deal with that or they will lose officials.
Same here. As a former D1 official, our assigner is very understanding in that regard.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Oct 19, 2021 at 02:37pm.