View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 19, 2021, 10:10am
Do not give a damn!!

I do not know if there is a "change" but there certainly seems to be some issues with schedules based on the uncertainty of protocols. So it trickles down to those assignors that have significant D1 officials on their staff at the lower levels. Schedules have the last several years that I have worked for D1 officials that are supervisors, they wait until they get their D1 officials on staff, get games. Then when they know who can or cannot work, then they release the schedules in parts. The only ones that I worked for that did not do that were not D1 officials themselves. I still do not have schedules from all my assignors. One D3 assignor gave some games out throughout the year, but stated that he would give out more when the D1 and D2 schedules were given out.

And in my case, we might have dates, but not sites until later on in the year. For example, I might know what my October and November schedules are, but will not know where I am going specifically in December through February. Then as the season goes, they drop the sites for specific dates and that from my understanding is common, even to D1 officials. One reason is supervisors might have to make changes to one or two people on the crew for conflicts or whether the game will be on TV or not. If you notice, certain officials are always on TV.

Again, COVID changed a lot of things because many did not play games at all last year. One of the JUCO leagues I worked, did not play at all last season. Another D3 league I worked, did not play as well. So much is in the air for certain programs and conferences, you have so much delay.

Peace