View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 07, 2021, 03:27pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Game Management ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
It was not hard to tell the coach, "That is not the rule." Moved on and it did not change the call to his satisfaction.
No such luck in my game. Still can't figure out how I could have handled it better. He was well behaved for thirty minutes. Changed like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. In a close game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Two years ago. Last minute of a close game. Small player in the act of shooting is barreled into by a much larger player like a linebacker hitting a running back. No attempt to block the shot, just a hard body check. Ball doesn't go in basket. I've got intentional foul for excessive contact. Coach questions me about my call, "That's not an intentional foul", as I report. I calmly take an extra step and explain my call to him. He actually agrees that there was excessive contact but that it isn't an intentional foul. I tell him that by definition, excessive contact is an intentional foul. I guess that didn't persuade him because as I walk back to administer the free throw, he questions me again, "That's not an intentional foul". So turn around to calmly talk to him again, leading with, "Was that contact excessive?". He replies that it was excessive and I tell him again that by definition, excessive contact is an intentional foul, and I walk back to administer the free throws with my partner. As we're lining up for the free throws he now proceeds to yell at me from across the gym, "You're wrong. That's not an intentional foul". Technical foul.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)