View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 07, 2021, 02:52pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Educational Contact ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
... problem with coaches knowing the rules maybe your locality should change up the ineffective "coaches only" training presentation and have them receive the same one you get.
The only "educational" contact we have with coaches is regarding new rule changes and Points of Emphasis.

It's only an hour each year, and yet we have problems getting coaches to attend. Penalty for not attending is not eligible for annual sportsmanship awards. And each team only has to send one coach, even if it's the freshman coach.

After a few years of coaching, I realized that I didn't really understand all the rules, and was getting a lot of technical fouls. So I took the local rookie officiating class only to learn the rules. Took the test, passed the test, and then discovered that I could make some extra money officiating basketball (Connecticut teachers were poorly paid back then). Coaching lasted for "only" twenty-five years, forty years later and I'm still officiating.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Oct 07, 2021 at 03:02pm.