View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 05, 2021, 12:08pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Connecticut has a written IAABO state board "reg", approved by the state association, regarding the congregating on the school logo problem. We do not have a circle the wagons "reg" specifically in writing anywhere, so we rely on the NFHS guidelines, guidelines that originally were a NFHS Point of Emphasis, but are no longer "emphasized", and of course, are no longer in the current book (but the underlying rule still is).

If I were to say to a coach, or a site director, "Don't let your players circle around their opponents during the layup lines" and received a response, "Show it to me in the regs", I wouldn't go into a long dissertation regarding the validity of a old Point of Emphasis no longer the current book. I would simply say, "It's in the "regs" as unsporting conduct".
I work in a Fed state, so our coaches have access to the current NFHS publications, so lying to them (which I wouldn't do regardless) would only end up making my commissioner look bad.

I guess since you are in an IAABO state, you can make up non-existent citations and not have to worry about a coach/AD pulling up the rules digitally.