View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 05, 2021, 10:26am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Last week's pregame fight was adjudicated properly just as the rule and case books state, why does my group need to make it a POE for this season?

Our problem with announcers has been elevated to the conference ADs and the state HS board. Since the rule book doesn't specifically address that issue, we will await guidance.

You still haven't addressed your stance that all POEs ever written need to be emphasized every season. Or are you just dense when it comes to the meaning of the phrase "Points of Emphasis"?
Almost always POEs involve current rules and current interpretations. There is more than the POE to reference when a POE is made. Similar to this year with the Traveling POE. They talk about very specific moves, but reference the current rules that apply. The one issue we had to hear was a POE that did not change rules or did not address in case plays or interpretation and did not change future information to support such POEs. I can tell you as an official in multiple sports, usually, POEs are right out of the rulebook in their focus or language. This is not just a basketball expectation, the NF takes a similar approach in every sport. And many rules have a thread with other sports as well when it comes to things like unsporting behavior or coaching box or sideline expectations. Billy wanted us to accept a POE years ago that was unusual and wants us to expect it to be enforced. But the issue with that is that POEs often have things in them that the rule changes later and obviously would not apply. Now we have rules for bench warnings that we did not have before. Do you think a POE 15 years earlier would apply if that was not a factor? I would think not.

Peace