View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 04, 2021, 02:17pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Ignorantia Juris Non Excusat ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Yeah you can. We are not having this conversation where everyone has this announced to them regardless of jurisdiction.
No you can't.

Well, you actually can, but you can't and be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Lindsey Atkinson, the new NFHS rules editor for basketball ... stated that as long as there are no relevant rule changes, or interpretation changes, to invalidate such, old vanished interpretations are still officially considered to be valid by the NFHS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Ms. Atkinson announced that a statement regarding the continued validity of old vanished interpretations (with no relevant rule changes or interpretation changes to invalidate such), will probably be printed in the beginning of the NFHS Casebook and/or Rulebook, starting in 2022-23..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
The same was also stated at the NFHS State Rules Interpreters meeting. Old cases remain valid unless there has been a rule change or a new interpretation that negates the old case.
One may be ignorant regarding the NFHS announcement, but once pointed out, "It's not in the book", is no longer a valid response for ignoring a vanished interpretation for that single reason, one now needs to back it up with a rule change, or a interpretation change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
...if they want that interpretation to apply, it is better to list them somewhere for all to see or they will get different applications.
Agree, my Wild Wild West scenario.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Oct 04, 2021 at 02:27pm.