Old Thu Sep 30, 2021, 11:53am
Esteemed Forum Member

Need My Slide Rule ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
This is a close play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
The count should stop at about 5 seconds (+/- .2). Rewind the tape to 10 seconds -- the player is closely guarded here (and for at least a bit before this). So, a violation.
If I'm the Trail, I'm most likely starting my count (zero) when the defender's left foot crosses the blue volleyball attack line at 13.4. The ball handler picks up is dribble at 5.1. Easy five second closely guarded violation. Not even close.

Giving the Trail official in the video the benefit of any doubt, I could understand the Trail in the video possibly starting his count (zero) as late as when the defender's right foot crosses the blue volleyball sideline at 10.1. With the ball handler picking up his dribble at 5.1, exactly five seconds, maybe a toss up in his mind? I could live with that no call.

But he doesn't even do that. His first visible count is at 9.3, so he started his count (zero) at 8.3 (1.8 seconds later than I could accept; 5.1 seconds after I would have started my count).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
He might have started it a little late, but I'm OK with that ... I think he waited to start the count when he was sure. No issues from me.
Agree.

Of greater concern to me is that the Trail the stops his count (as indicated by changing arms) sometime before 6.7.

Why?

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Sep 30, 2021 at 03:39pm.