View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 15, 2021, 11:35am
Esteemed Forum Member

IAABO Survey Says …

Disclaimer: Below is not a NFHS interpretation, it's only an IAABO interpretation which obviously doesn't mean a hill of beans to most members of this Forum.

https://storage.googleapis.com/refqu...A%2FSYdQ%3D%3D

IAABO Play Commentary Correct Answer: This is a legal play.

Sometimes players make awkward and unusual moves. We officials have to be disciplined to "find the pivot foot "and officiate the play based on the rule and not how the play appears.

In this play, the ball handler ends her dribble with her right foot in contact with the floor. When she steps toward the sideline, she places her left foot on the floor. When this occurs, this establishes her right foot as the pivot foot. (4-44-2.b.1) The ball handler then lifts her foot a second time by lifting her left foot and stepping toward the basket. She then lifts her pivot foot off the floor and then releases the ball on a try.

The pivot may be lifted, but not returned to the floor before the ball is released on a pass or try for goal. (4-44-3.a) In this play, the ball handler released the ball before the pivot foot returned to the floor, making this a legal play.

Here is the breakdown of the IAABO members that commented on the video: This is a legal play 89% (including me). This is a traveling violation 11%.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)