View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 14, 2021, 04:41pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Billable Hours ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
... if a player fell on their head and gets up walking towards the stands, they can be removed from the game ...
CAN or MUST? Big difference.

Quote:
Legal liability comes when you do not follow the state law.
Civil law legal liability.

Quote:
I bet if you let a kid play that might have been suffering from something and they get further hurt or die, someone could decide you are not doing your job ... potential liability or assumption of liability ...
Agree. In civil court, anybody can sue anybody for anything at any time. It's the American way. Even if one in the right, one still has to hire an attorney, and billable hours aren't inexpensive.

I still believe that my State legislature did officials a big favor by relieving officials of all responsibilities regarding concussions, and putting it on the coaches and health care professionals.

The State law has to (hopefully) carry some weight in civil court.

It was considered a big win for Connecticut officials when it happened several years ago.

"Hey coach. Check number thirty-four. He looks a little wobbly", ends the legal responsibility of Connecticut officials.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Sep 14, 2021 at 04:59pm.