View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 12, 2021, 04:53pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Belt And Suspenders ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
There is always an official that is going to look silly. Didn't say it was absolutely forbidden at all costs. Just not something people look fondly on. I have seen officials wear belts at the State Finals here, but the guys are rather old and working small girl's basketball.
Agree. Did you watch the game? For my guy, he was a grizzled veteran, girls only, and retired right after he worked the final. When I train young'uns I tell them to do as I say, not as I do. Only wear beltless pants. It's a good look for a young guy, even better for a young gal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
That is a pretty universal thing at both the college and high school ranks. It is advocated to help any confusion and identify you saw the foot on the line and not have another official go up with a good 3 point shot.
Please tell that to my "bosses" at IAABO International. When the Grand Poobahs show up for our state finals , we get "dinged" every year.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Sep 13, 2021 at 11:39am.