View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 12, 2021, 12:06pm
Esteemed Forum Member

The Black Hole Of Debate ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
So that tells me that either they had not felt they needed to take such a hard stand or they felt the rules already make it as clear as they wish how to rule on these plays. Or they could have just wanted states to address these situations directly as is their philosophy if you ask them about an interpretation ... Maybe they did not feel the POE addressed issues properly ... not the first time something is done and then they reverse course.
Agree. I sure would like to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Again, not sure why you think we know the answer? Again you are asking the wrong people.
I don't think the Forum knows the answer. I know the Forum is the "wrong people" (and I'm not asking). I was only asking for examples of such controversial issues, never intended to debate such issues, but got sucked into the black hole of debate anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Can any Forum members think of any other examples of old Points of Emphasis, vanished casebook plays, or annual one-time only interpretations that we have debated the validity of here on the Forum? I would like to present additional examples regarding this issue to the IAABO Co-Coordinators of Interpreters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Is there verbiage in the NFHS rule book that contradicts this ruling?
Quote:
My purpose of my thread is not to debate the validity of two specific examples that I have presented. We've been through such debates dozens of times in the past on the Forum, with logical, and rational opinions offered on both sides.
Quote:
Didn't want to debate specific examples, but since I've been sucked into this debate black hole, I might as well put in my two cents.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Sep 12, 2021 at 12:10pm.