View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 12, 2021, 11:57am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
How long did the NFHS intend this Point of Emphasis to be in effect?
I have no idea and not sure why you keep asking that question here. All I know is there have been several POEs involving Intentional and Flagrant Fouls and nothing was mentioned since 2011-2012 anything about how to call or rule on contact above the shoulders. So that tells me that either they had not felt they needed to take such a hard stand or they felt the rules already make it as clear as they wish how to rule on these plays. Or they could have just wanted states to address these situations directly as is their philosophy if you ask them about an interpretation.

Quote:
Since it didn't add any parameters to the rulebook, did it intend only one year?
Maybe they did not feel the POE addressed issues properly. Again, not sure why you think we know the answer? I was not ever on the NF Committee or have attended any of their meetings. I do not know why they do things they do. I work other sports and this is not the first time something is done and then they reverse course.

Quote:
Or did it intend longer, but something fell behind a cabinet and was forgotten, or did a new regime come into power and forget to follow up?
I would assume if you intend something to stay or to be consistent, then you change the language or add wording to reflect your position.

Again you are asking the wrong people.

Peace