View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 10, 2021, 01:42pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Do we not enforce announcers not cheering the home team on or otherwise inciting the crowd because it was never added to the rulebook and hasn't been a point of emphasis since 2014-15?

Do we not enforce specific pregame unsporting behavior (teams running through area occupied by the opposing team; gatherings to motivate a team following player introductions performed on the team logo in the center circle) because it was never added to the rulebook and hasn't been a point of emphasis since 2011-12?
There was an entire directive about announcers in and out of the rulebook. There was a PowerPoint that discussed this in detail from the NF I believe and it was not about cheering, but giving certain information during the game. At least that is how I remember the details.

The team introductions were never a big issue where I lived, but we were told actually before the NF put stuff out about not allowing players to run around the court. That was what we are asked to prevent by our state office. Hardly ever was an issue about running onto a logo or through a team. But when they told us to penalize those things, we did everything to prevent them from happening. The home team does not come to the middle of the floor anymore.

Neither of these examples is comparable to us calling a specific foul for a specific action and not telling us if or when a play should be ruled incidental or not. Do we call it on a bigger player that rebounds the ball and comes down naturally onto a player in their vertical plane and hits their opponent with an elbow? That play happens kind of often at NCAA level and they specifically addressed those kinds of plays with video and directives in the rule and casebooks.

And you did not answer my question. Are these two plays fouls under the POE you so gladly love to mention anytime you get a chance? And if so why?

Peace