View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 07, 2021, 01:20pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Consistency ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
This play coverage should be a topic in every pregame conference when working in a Crew of 2. If the Crew decides to deviate from the manual to have the Lead take the sideline and make this ruling, they should agree before the game. This will avoid the brief hesitation as seen by this crew.
No. It could add to a brief hesitation by the crew.

No where in the IAABO mechanics manual does it state that this "new" system is optional. All IAABO guys are supposed to use the new IAABO system, not the old NFHS system (check local listings).

This is stupid, and the cause of much confusion, hesitancy, and lack of consistency in IAABO games, possibly leading to some bad calls.

We did this at first, decades ago, with veterans preferring the "old" NFHS system, and newer officials (not being taught anything else) preferring the "new" IAABO system.

Systems changed from game to game, and partner to partner, and were decided in the locker room, minutes before game time, during the pregame conference.

Today, decades later, for the sake of consistency, we should all be using the same system (pick one system and stick to it).

No wonder the two officials in the video look hesitant and and confused. They are both trying to remember who their partner is, and what was decided in that night's pregame, something that may be the same, or different, than last night's partner and pregame.

I've never said this before.

Stupid IAABO.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Sep 07, 2021 at 06:31pm.