View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 04, 2021, 12:47pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Two Person Game ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
2-man mechanics for ... line coverage.
Two person difficult out of bounds calls involve the front court endline opposite where the Lead is. Lead's responsible for out of bounds calls all the way along the entire endline, yet his primary coverage ends before the endline intersects the far sideline, that's the primary coverage area (but not the out of bounds responsibility) of the Trail.

The Trail has to call a travel, or foul, an inch away from the endline there, but shouldn't call an out of bounds there if a player steps on the boundary line.

This is where we often see the Lead sounding his whistle to stop the clock for out of bounds and asking for help (especially on a ball that flies out of bounds along the endline, a ball that originated from the Trail's primary coverage area).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
This is the Lead's line. The Trail should only signal if the Lead is asking for help ... to a ball coming from the Trail being thrown to the endline.
Edit: Above is true for both IAABO and NFHS line responsibility mechanics.

I hope that you three person guys appreciate how lucky you are.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Sep 05, 2021 at 04:11pm.