View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 25, 2021, 08:26am
Esteemed Forum Member

IAABO Survey Says …

Disclaimer: For IAABO eyes only. Below is not a NFHS interpretation, it's only an IAABO International interpretation which obviously doesn't mean a hill of beans to most members of this Forum.

https://storage.googleapis.com/refqu...4OywpvAQ%3D%3D

IAABO Make The Call Video Play Commentary Correct Answer: This is a legal move.

Black #13 dribbles the ball into the lane area, ends his dribble on his right foot, then jumps and lands on both feet simultaneously before jumping again to attempt a try for goal.

This is a legal play and correctly ruled as such by the officials. By rule, a player who catches the ball while moving or dribbling may jump off that foot and simultaneously land on both. It should be noted that if the player stops after landing simultaneously, neither foot can be a pivot foot. (4-44-2.b.2) Even though neither foot is considered the pivot foot, either foot may be lifted (but not returned to the floor before the ball is released) on a pass or try for goal. If the player jumps, neither foot may be returned to the floor before the ball is released on a pass or try for goal. It would be a traveling violation if either foot (or both feet) were lifted before the ball is released to start a dribble. (4-44-3)

Here is the breakdown of the IAABO members that commented on the video: This is a legal move 91% (including me). This is a traveling violation 9%.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)