View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 21, 2021, 05:08pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Safety Is Number One Priority ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
The problem is that the rule is in the NFHS book because it is a safety issue. I’m not going to play while a safety rule is being violated. Sorry, but there is no compromising on player safety.
Agree. Including the side of the court we can't see, it's probably about twenty fans that have to be moved (maybe into the corners). If they don't move when I politely tell them, I'll approach the site director and tell him that it's up to him, possibly with the help of the police officer in the corner, to get them moved. We're not playing until they're moved.

Those mats on the walls are there for a reason, and they are not to be blocked. Gross negligence. Liability. Anybody can sue anybody for any reason at any time. I like my house. I like my car. I like my bank account. I want to keep them. Even if they don't have a good case, I would still have to pay an attorney for billable hours, and billable hours aren't cheap.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Aug 21, 2021 at 05:15pm.