View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 17, 2021, 11:26am
Esteemed Forum Member

More Than Just A Few Outliers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
There are people that would think this was an obvious violation and I am saying this is right out of the book as to not being one.
And, surprisingly to me, JRutledge would be correct (not surprised that JRutledge was correct, but surprised that more than just a few outliers would think this was an obvious violation).

I should have paid attention to my own comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Trainers need to be aware of these "myths" and stop them before they take hold, grow, and spread, nipping them in the bud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Could "some people" refer to those IAABO members who will inevitably get this interpretation wrong.
Early IAABO Make The Call Video comments:

This is a backcourt violation. Unlike a throw in.

This is a backcourt violation. Established front court status

This is a backcourt violation. The player must establish back court status before he touches the ball.

This is a backcourt violation. Front court established, then steps into backcourt. A violation.

This is a backcourt violation. Appears that play was in front court and jumps into the air to get the jump ball tipped into the air.

This is a backcourt violation. No team position on the tip. Caught the ball in the air. Landed in the backcourt (one or both feet, or the center line).

This is a backcourt violation.The player who received the ball had established front court status, but received the ball in the backcourt, before establishing backcourt status. Backcourt violation.

This is a backcourt violation. Hell of a way to start the game.

This is a backcourt violation. By rule-yes.

This is a backcourt violation. Feet in frontcourt when jumped.

That's just from the first hundred, or so, comments.

I fully empathize with some calling this a backcourt violation in the heat of a real game, in real time. A jump ball is, after all, a microburst of mayhem for many, but it's so much easier to get it right in a video, especially when one knows in advance that something "weird" is about to happen.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Aug 17, 2021 at 06:34pm.