View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 13, 2021, 09:56am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Every single interpretation, even those attributed to the NFHS, on the Forum is a form of an opinion. To interpret means to conceive in the light of individual belief according to one's own understanding.

What I have done in this thread is to come up with an interpretation based on multiple factual rule references, and have cited the specific rule references, step by step, for every single aspect of my interpretation.

JRutledge has simply given his interpretation (opinion) based on only two articles of a ball location rule (posted by me) that are relevant for "almost" all situations, but not relevant due to a third article exception regarding this specific dribble across the division line situation, an article that JRutledge chooses to completely ignore as if it didn't exist, a rule article that is the crux of this specific situation.
I have only given my opinion. I would like clarification (well not really, these things do not keep me up at night) for this hole in the rule. Because if I dribble off my foot and I am in the FC, then I do not know how that is different than me dribbling the ball in the FC. Or if I have an interrupted dribble that touches someone in the FC and then goes to the BC, do not understand why we ignore that because the dribble did not end? Again the issue is not about the dribble stopping or not stopping, it is that the player and ball classifications for where you are on the court would not apply.

I also have not ignored anything, the situations you keep referencing do not apply to what I am are talking about. You add stuff and stick on things that are not the issue. Never once said a dribble ended on this play. Not one time. And until you ask your people what should be done, it is not much help. Honestly not that big of a deal to me. I am going to rule based on what I see.

Peace