View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 12, 2021, 02:54pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Clean Dribble ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
... have a player basically bobble the ball while standing in the FC ...
Yes, he may be bobbling (some loss of control) the ball, but by definition, he is also still dribbling the ball, his dribble never ended, and the ball hasn't actually "touched down" on the frontcourt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
... if the ball gained status by you touching the ball (not on a clean dribble) and all parts of you are in the FC.
I like JRutledge's "clean dribble" phrase better than my "regular garden variety dribble" phrase.

Where in the rulebook does it differentiate between a clean dribble and a not clean dribble when it comes dribbling across the division line from backcourt to frontcourt and ball location?

4-4-6: During a dribble from backcourt to frontcourt, the ball is in the frontcourt when the ball and both feet of the dribbler touch the court entirely in the frontcourt.

2000-01 NFHS Basketball Rules Interpretations: The provision of, “both feet and the ball being in the frontcourt” to determine frontcourt status, is only relevant during a dribble from backcourt to frontcourt.

Where does the rulebbok say that the 4-4-6 three point dribble ball location exception only applies to clean dribbles, and that the 4-4-6 three point dribble ball location exception doesn't apply to not clean dribbles?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Aug 12, 2021 at 03:33pm.