View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 10, 2021, 09:58am
Esteemed Forum Member

Proliferation Of Video ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherdreams View Post
... an "interrupter" ...
It seems that my local board used the term "interrupter" (in regard to many calls, not just limited to handchecks) at almost every meeting between forty years ago and twenty years ago, but for the past twenty years, especially the past ten years, we seldom, if ever, hear the term.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the proliferation of video? Every player's grandmother in the bleachers has a high definition video camera in her cell phone these days, and she's not afraid to use it.

I no longer make "close" out of bounds calls based on who "should" get the ball. Now, if it's a foul, I call the foul. Contact isn't a foul, I don't call the foul. If it barely goes off a player's fingertips, I give the ball to the other team. No more thinking to myself, "There was a little contact there, I'll give the ball to the player who was contacted. Two happy coaches. One because his player didn't pick up a foul. One because his team got the ball".

No more. Those days are long gone.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Aug 10, 2021 at 03:36pm.