View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 06, 2021, 12:15pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Local Philosophy ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Pull out quotes all you like
Too late, I already did.

Everyone here on the Forum understands that one's "local" philosophy is the most important philosophy, it's what gets one assignments, promotions, and leadership positions.

But this is not a "local" Forum. What's correct in Illinois, or Indiana, may be incorrect, or correct, in Connecticut, Virginia, Alaska, Missouri, Nevada, California, Oregon, Wisconsin, Ohio, Maryland, etc.

The one unifying philosophy all high school Forum members share is the NFHS.

It's certainly alright (more than alright, it's great) to have one's own "local" philosophy, it's how one locally moves up the ladder and stays on top, but one shouldn't try to use that "local" philosophy as a "correct" philosophy on the Forum when the NFHS clearly indicates otherwise, because it's only "correct" locally and should only be described as such (only locally correct). That doesn't mean that it's not important, and that it lacks value, but rather, that it is only important locally and only has value locally.

And a "local" philosophy doesn't have to be defended by "stretching" NFHS rule language (and it's alright to locally ignore NFHS rule language), it is what it is, "local", and needs no defending, maybe it's a better philosophy, maybe it's a poorer philosophy, or maybe it's just simply different, something that works really well for the officials in that "local" area. It is what it is, nothing more, nothing less.

No need to try to convince everyone on the Forum that it's the one true correct philosophy. Few things not "kosher" according to the NFHS will be "universal".

Once again, and as usual, and always, when in Rome ...
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Aug 06, 2021 at 06:27pm.