View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 05, 2021, 01:47pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Oh, The Humanity ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
You might want to pull up the thread where we argued what the definition of "hot stove" touching is.
I think I found what Raymond was referring to, a thread from 2014 that started out as a discussion regarding the 2012-13 NFHS Points of Emphasis on illegal post play and freedom of movement in the post, that suddenly took a drastic turn, spiraling out of control, ending up with a debate, with multiple opinions from many Forum members, about the importance, or the lack of importance, of the time difference between a first handcheck touch and a second handcheck touch.

If you enjoy watching archival film of the Hindenburg disaster, you'll enjoy this thread.

191 posts, spanning NFHS, NCAAM, and NCAAW, with no closure or consensus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastshire View Post
... trying to read the minds of the rule committee to be an exercise in futility.
Be sure to load up on snacks because it's a lengthy thread.

Surprisingly, for some reason, I chose not to join the debate, just three posts by me. I know. Hard to believe. I must have been busy with non-minutiae stuff that day. Maybe because I was still working my day job as a chemist back in 2014. Somebody had to make sure that Connecticut's water was safe.

https://forum.officiating.com/basket...tml#post940999

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Aug 05, 2021 at 04:57pm.