View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 23, 2021, 08:18am
Esteemed Forum Member

Thank You ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Absolutely hate it when the coach replies, "I already know", when his tone really means, "I already know you stupid idiot".
Same thing after, "Coach, that's #12's fifth foul", but of course, in this case the coach is much more likely to already be pissed off compared to a usually "neutral" timeout notification. For timeouts we occasionally get a "Thank you" like we're enjoying tea and cucumber sandwiches together. Never a, "Thank you", for a fifth foul notification. More like the prelude to a bar fight over beer nuts.

We have local guidelines in place (often brought up in pregames) that say we have the option the non-calling official notify the coach of the fifth foul if we know that the coach is already hot under the collar. I never use this guideline, don't want the coach seeing me cowering on the endline, I don't think it's a good look.

However, I will sometimes take advantage of a local guideline that suggests that the non-calling official remind the coach that he must sit down after technical foul that requires such. Might avoid a double barreled technical foul that might put a visiting coach on a cold bus in the parking lot.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Jul 24, 2021 at 12:50pm.