View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 19, 2021, 05:02pm
Esteemed Forum Member

IAABO "Gang Of Four” ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I will be attending the IAABO International Fall Seminar, September 29, 2021 through October 3, 2021, in Trumbull, Connecticut. The “Gang of Four” IAABO co-interpreters will be hosting a presentation on rule changes, editorial revisions, points of emphasis, and manual changes. I will be sure to bring up this shot clock mechanic and its conflict with the current ten second rule. Of course, as usual, it will only be an IAABO interpretation which obviously doesn't mean a hill of beans to most members of this Forum.
Gave them a heads up and got this response.

I don't believe we'll be addressing this b/c, as of now, the NFHS has not approved the shot clock as a "national" rule, but only by State Association Adoption. It'll be up to each state that chooses to use the shot clock to decide HOW they want to implement it. Totally agree with your question and your play scenario ... my "guess" is that states that choose to use the shot clock will use the mechanic that 10-seconds in the back court is based on the "touch" of the ball and the shot clock starting and NOT on "player/team" control on the court. This is just my opinion, as we have not discussed as a group.

Point to JRutledge. Can game, set, and match be next?

One thing that I don't want to do is to visually count with a shot clock going. It can only lead to problems with coaches, and fans.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Jul 19, 2021 at 05:08pm.