View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 14, 2021, 03:21pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Chain Yanking ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You thought I meant a literal "dead ball" like when the basket it made?
No, just messing around with both you and Raymond. There's just so much that one can do with the written word. Sorry if you took my chain yanking the wrong way. We have perfected chain yanking to a fine art here in my little corner of Connecticut. We have our COVID postponed board banquet tomorrow night so I'm practicing and preparing for the event.

Here, if one never gets one's chain yanked, it may be a sign that one may not liked, or respected. I only yank the chains of competent and respected officials. With officials that I don't believe are competent and respected, it's all business with our interactions. It's a local thing. When I travel a long distance to observe friendly, competent, and respected officials in state tournament games, I often start my conversation with them with, "I traveled all the way here to see great officiating and I'm struck with you two (three) knuckleheads. Is there another game nearby?". With those that I don't respect as competent officials (or strangers) it's just, "Hi guys. Have a great game".
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Jul 15, 2021 at 10:43am.